Wednesday 18 January 2012

Assembling

Glue:
Glue I used is your typical cyanoacrylate. (Aka Super Glue or Krazy Glue) Found some tubes for a $1 each!!! Yea for Dollarama again! (Name brands doesn't really mean anything here.. only difference is price!) I loaded up on a few. I think a project this size will take around 4 or 5 tubes.



Be prepared to work fast. That's why the pre-scoring helps tons here. A quick test fit would be smart too. To make sure you know which side the tab should go.

And expect to get glue all over your fingers and workspace.  No matter how careful you are with it, it will get messy. Nature of those silly little metal tubes. I always over-squeeze.. and it'll shoot a glob all over. Never fails.




This one particular shape have and will give me problems. Notice how all the polygons converge all into one tiny point? That's bad modelling in Maya. Blame it on inexperience. Blame it on bad design. Blame it on laziness. Whatever.. I just suck at modelling. Folding those thin triangles will be a pain later. No worries.. I'll get er done.



"Goatee" Assembly:
 "Goatee" (red part sticking out of the chin) is assembled. Here I'm leaving a hole unglued. It's so I can pour resin into it. A process that would harden up the paper. (I'll explain this process more later)




Face Assembly:
Inside of face

Unreinforced face assembled. My daughter testing it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment