Thursday 19 January 2012

Helmet Assembly

This is NOT my usual workspace for craft projects. But, I'm working double duty here as I got to finish another project on the computer. Sorry, it's a mess, I know.

It was actually nice to work in front of the computer at this stage of the build. With access to Maya and Pepakura, I was able to make small adjustments on the fly. Since the medium is just paper, it's cheap for mistakes now. Might as well, tweak it out as much as I could.

Still find it super cool to create something in the computer and then print it out minutes later. Can't wait till I get my hands on a 3D printer someday!!

"Helmet" Assembly:
Progress so far...
"Helmet" shell 60% done. It was exciting to get the bulk of the shape finally realized. At this point, I get a good idea how big it would fit on my head. And looking at it here.. it might be a tad small! It's going to be a close fit. I'm going to go forward and keep my fingers crossed. Hope this decision won't bite me in the ass later.

No comments:

Post a Comment