Monday 16 January 2012

PROJECT: Gundam Strike UMPG 1:12 scale

Gundam Strike Freedom UMPG 1:12 scale.
(UMPG = Ultra Mega Perfect Grade! hehe)
(1:12 scale = to fit my head as a Halloween costume)


This is a project of mine that started roughly 10 years ago. Had always wanted to do this one. A dream project if you will. A full WORKING Gundam costume! Very ambitious, I know. Had a lot of things planned with it. Things that are way out of my realm of expertise or know-how, but it won't really stop me from trying. This is an exercise after all, and I'm going to experiment with everything as I go. Fabricating EVERYTHING.. seeing as I can't just go to the store and buy it. I'll definitely learn a few things along the way.

My bar is high. I won't compromise (much) on the integrity of the design. It'll be both faithful to the design AND be fully mechanically/electronically functional! Maybe you can help me.. and give pointers too.


A full costume? Hmmm.. maybe not a FULL costume, like from head to toe.. this blog won't go that far. Well, maybe it will.. who knows.

Follow me and see....

No comments:

Post a Comment