Tuesday 3 April 2012

How to make Sausage Links

Pipe Links:

Back with my trusty Dremel tool. Love my Dremel. It came with a mini-router attachment. How cool is that!?! What this allows me to do here is 'router' a channel at a perfect 90 degree. It would be impossible to do this by hand. I could, but it'll take forever and it won't be as accurate. Here I have a  rig with a board and a couple clamps.

The steps:
- I make one channel across.
- Stop. 
- Move the board ~3/8" up. 
- Make another channel. 
- Repeat.


Reason I'm making all these channels is so that one side of the foam has less material. This is so I can roll the foam into tubes. I could use the heat gun again. But, it won't be heated up evenly and it'll bend unevenly. It would just be a mess. I think this was the best approach.  Hot glue the ends together.


Made a bunch. Not really sure how many was needed.


Like the 'nostril canister', I beveled the ends on the belt sander.


The placement mockup. I think it'll work. Next, I have to figure out what to use for the inner pipe.


No comments:

Post a Comment