Sunday 4 March 2012

Good News and Bad News

Well, I'm neither a pessimist nor an optimist. I'm just a realist. That said I'll still try to end this post on the positive side.

Bad News: 
Went to the supply store to pick up some RTV catalyst. To replace my dried up batch. And they don't carry it. I'd have to spend nearly $50 for an entire kit JUST to get my $3 bottle of catalyst. Sad. So, I walk.

Now, I have a choice: 1) Order it online and wait 2 weeks or however long it takes to get the catalyst to me. or 2) Go cheap and try an extremely experimental method of molding that I just learned from YouTube.

I'm feeling a bit impatient lately, so I'll chance it and go for option #2. Wish me luck.

and now for the..

Good News:
My LEDs came in the mail today! And it's awesome. All of them are the perfect size and are all prewired with resistors! That'll save me tons of soldering work. Excited to get this part of the build over with.

No comments:

Post a Comment