Wednesday 14 March 2012

The One-Day V-Fin Diet

Weight reduction: 

The v-fins were still heavy. Too heavy to have on comfortably. To alleviate possible neck strain, I'd have to reduce some weight on it. And since I know the resin inside is the major culprit, I'd have to gut it out from the backside. Time to break out the dremel tool again.

Don't want to take away TOO much material. Leaving some behind for structural integrity. Everything seems to be still solid, so, I'll clean her up a bit and close it up.

5-min epoxy to glue the new (plastic) plate over the hole

Contact cemented some Velcro strip to each side. Since the v-fin is still considered heavy, I'm not going to rely on the velcro's default adhesiveness. Didn't think it would be strong enough to not rip off. So, some contact cement will put it on permanently. Strong stuff. The plastic or helmet would rip off first before the velcro now!



No comments:

Post a Comment