Monday 12 March 2012

Hot Glue Sucks

Hot glue:

Never said it before, so I'll say it here. I really dislike hot glue. Not a whole lot of positives, but I can name quite a few negatives....

- takes time for the glue gun to warm up
- glue gun is awkward to use in tight spaces
- glue sticks always run out. all the time.
- MESSY!
- those spiderweb-like strands with each use. And it's endless!! You just keep pulling and pulling
- not really a strong bond.
- dries cloudy

Obstacle: Here, I robbed some hot glue in the area where I was to place the fan. But, it rolled over into the fan blades!!!! UGH!!! Glued them down. I had to go back in, cutting and re-melting the hot glue to rip the  fan unit out. Some more cutting and sanding got the blades free. Hot glue sucks.

Finally got the fan to work again! Wired up all the LEDs for the eyes too. Here, I'm testing out the switch for it too.

1 comment:

  1. Adhesives, excipients and solvents are included in the composition of the glues. Glues, glue sticks, tapes, etc. in office supplies are used to affix various papers. Because of their low frequency of use, it is often easy for people to ignore possible safety problems. Glue & Glue Sticks testing

    ReplyDelete