Wednesday 15 February 2012

First paint

Paint:

The paint scheme was something on my mind from the very beginning. I wanted to try something radical. Something cool. Something not done before. Then a friend said, "Go classic". I just sat there and agreed. It is the more recognizable scheme. No one would say, "Hey! look it's Optimus Prime!" 

Wish Tamiya/Mr Hobby/etc came in large spray cans. Wish hobby paints were cheap.  Then I thought, why would I need to?!? Classic Gundam is white, yellow, and red. That's it! Awesome. That only means a trip to Home Depot to pick up some cheap paints!! Starting out with (sandable) grey primer, flat black for all the insides, and flat white for the helmet. I only need a bit of red and yellow for the face and "horns"(aka V-fins). I may just use my hobby paints and airbrush with that.

Interior painted with flat black. (above pic is still wet) When it's dry, there is absolutely no shine. It gets REALLY dark in there now.



Face painted.

With the blade, I cut out the "nostrils" aka vent holes. I had purposely not reinforced the backside with fabric/resin, so I can cut into it easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment