Wednesday 1 February 2012

Test fit!

Resin all dried. Excited to finally test fit the helmet. Looking at this makes me smile. And totally fuels my motivation to continue!

My wife tries it out


This is where a lot of questions would be answered...

- Would it fit? Yes
- Is the overall helmet the correct scale? Yes
- Does it look good? (Subjectively) Yes
- Would my eyes align up with the helmet's eye holes? Yes
- Is there sufficient room for the face to retract up? Hmmm.. still a close call. Not 100%. (fingers still crossed)

I think there enough space between my face and the mask for breathing. But, I still think I would put a fan there to circulate the air. I'm sure it'll help.

The vision through the eyes. Hmm... it's there. I can totally see straight. But, I'm afraid it won't be enough. I can see myself running into everything. I might consider virtual glasses and a mini video camera... that is .. if the budget allows. Those are expensive units. $300+!

If I do end up going the route of virtual glasses. Then the eyeholes maybe fitted with a solid piece of lens that I can then light up! Which would be cool at night. And it'll also match the anime! That would be awesome. 

Being rich is awesome. Wish I was rich. Wish I was awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment