Thursday 16 February 2012

More devils. In the details.

Machine Guns:

The machine guns were designed in Maya and eventually printed out from Pepakura. But, a quick glance at the insane work to make those out of paper... I said, "screw that!" I figured I can fabricate something from scratch much easier.

I had originally wanted to put actual video cameras into these spots. Then have these cameras hooked up to a pair of virtual glasses. That way I can see everything in front of me. Rather than the tiny eye holes in the face mask. Alas, that was a really expensive route. And my compromise was to just put LED lights in that location.


Picked up these cheapo LED flashlights from the dollar store! Clamped them down on my vise and sawed them in half with my trusty Dremel tool.

Now, it's the perfect size. Even has the placement of LEDs that makes it look like machine guns! Perfect. With 2 mounted on either side of the helmet, I'd get a great flood light in front of me. Perfect for night walks. If I had a dog, I'd TOTALLY walk it at night with the helmet on.

Dressing it up. Here I'm heating up a PVC pipe so I can wrap it around the "machine gun"




Voila. Randomly designed on the fly. Using whatever scraps I had in front of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment